- Eggs contain good quality protein and omega-3, plus 10 vitamins and minerals – Australian Heart Foundation
- The fastest omelette maker in the world made 427 two-egg omelettes in 30 minutes. American Egg Board’s Howard Helmer, is the Omelette King; he holds three Guinness World Records for omelette making.
- World Egg Day is celebrated every year on the second Friday in October. On World Egg Day, events are held across the world celebrating the egg.
- To tell if an egg is raw or hard-cooked, spin it! If the egg spins easily, it is hard-cooked but if it wobbles, it is raw.
- An average hen lays 300 to 325 eggs a year.
- To produce one egg, it takes a hen 24-26 hours.